Situation Title : Consultant to carry out qualitative analysis on the job and impression of Migrant health and fitness
Volunteers during overall health emergencies in Thailand
Obligation Station: House-based
Classification : Consultancy
Type of Appointment : Expert Agreement (3 months)
Wished-for Begin Date : As before long as attainable
Closing Day : March 26, 2023
Reference Code : CFA025/2023
Proven in 1951, IOM is the foremost inter-governmental corporation in the subject of migration and performs closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental associates. IOM is dedicated to selling humane and orderly migration for the reward of all. It does so by supplying services and assistance to governments and migrants.
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Migrants are a significant and vital constituent of Thailand’s economic system and modern society, to which their contributions are large, a variety of issues render migrant populations in the nation susceptible, not least by the ongoing condition of peril in their countries of origin—especially the disaster in Myanmar that has been imbuing threats for Myanmar migrants to return to—and difficulties in accessing critical providers, like wellness treatment, which could hinder their right to health and fitness, the indispensable essential component of survival, and also forge the gaps in the country’s condition avoidance capabilities.
The COVID-19 pandemic further exacerbated migrants’ pre-current vulnerabilities and resulted in ongoing disparities in entry to healthcare providers for equally documented and undocumented migrants due to language obstacles, deficiency of obtain to details and wellbeing resources, health insurance that could accommodate the related prices, as very well as safety problems. In addressing these problems, stakeholders these kinds of as Migrant Wellness Volunteers (MHVs) turned valuable as intermediaries to entry the migrant communities by overcoming language and cultural boundaries and set in spot a network of channels to connect health information and facts, suitable govt health and fitness policies, as nicely as informing the migrants’ proper to wellness and connection them to entry to wellbeing providers.
Even with the MHV’s necessary purpose, there ended up merely 4,000 recognised by the Thai Wellness Basis who have been envisioned to cater to 3 million migrant staff, equating to 1 MHV for every 750 migrant staff. Through the pandemic, the MHV registration below the Department of Health and fitness Provider Support elevated from 4,000 to 7,000. The increase in quantity in the course of the pandemic implies the expanding desire. On the other hand, the ratio of MHV against the quantity of migrants was nonetheless reduced. With IOM’s continued effort to leave no just one driving, we imagine strengthening the sustainability of MHVs is essential to foster inclusive public well being networks as properly as provide as the bridge to connect migrant communities, community communities, and public well being companies, specially in the context of submit-COVID-19 restoration.
Effects of MHVs all through and article-COVID-19 pandemic in place of work and migrant neighborhood context
The COVID-19 pandemic has substantially impacted Thailand’s socio-financial situations. With several lock-downs and advertisement hoc plan implementation in workplaces, migrant workers’ access to well being products and services and facts stemmed from their community (non-immediate/ public information and facts internet pages, colleagues, pals and loved ones) and/or their employers. Throughout the outbreak, MHVs had been also regarded as an critical, productive actor to support migrant communities in conquering boundaries to accessing wellness providers. Nevertheless, the situation reports and evaluation of the effect of MHVs in the workplace as perfectly as in rural spots all through and post COVID-19 pandemic is not obviously shown. With different context, advocacy steps shall be tailored to present an proof-dependent paper for the two government and companies, specifically on the optimistic effects of MHV in supporting the dissemination of health and fitness information and facts, knowledge on disease avoidance, and greater communication concerning authorities, public wellness staff, businesses, and the migrant populations.
With funding offered by the Embassy of Japan, IOM is looking for a specialist who possesses know-how and a sturdy relationship with MHV network in energetic MHV provinces such as Tak and Bangkok, to conduct qualitative investigation on plan, difficulties, and the influence MHVs have had all through and put up COVID-19. Based mostly on the exploration and policy investigation report from this task, IOM will consider the chance of building advocacy steps concentrated on MHV sustainability that will lead to the improved development in MHV structures and strengthen its network, seek enhanced engagement of relevant stakeholders, advocate pertinent policies, and, in the end, to obtain the effectiveness and efficiency of an available, sustainable, migrant-helpful health care system.
2. Obligations AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Beneath the immediate supervision of the Task Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Migration Health and fitness Officer in Bangkok, the effective prospect will undertake a 3-thirty day period consultancy with no far more than 35-working days to conduct investigation on impression of MHV throughout and write-up COVID-19 in place of work and migrant neighborhood in Tak, Bangkok and better Bangkok regions. Through desk research, vital informant interviews and focus team discussions to get info from all stakeholders such as employers, government authorities, NGOs/CSOs, and MHVs, the responsibilities of the proposed consultancy are to:
- Carry out a desk critique by carrying out a assessment of the current literatures, insurance policies and regulation with regards to MHVs in focus on parts and contexts, composition and related mechanism, focusing on successes of MHV network in the contexts of migrant communities and providers/worksites/industries
- Deliver preliminary outcomes – masking the areas of, but not constrained to, (a) socio-demographic and roles of MHVs, (b) assets, (c) potential-making and awareness managements, and (d) coverage, regulation and lawful provisions
- Discover and liaise with critical migrant communities in focused locations, pertinent governmental businesses, businesses, and NGOs/CSOs active in the regions such as World Vision Foundation of Thailand, Very pleased Association, Raks Thai Foundation, and many others., for even more coordination
- Conduct qualitative facts collection – undertake industry visits and carry out vital informant interviews with suitable stakeholders (n=10) this sort of as governmental businesses, companies, and NGOs/CSOs concerned at the implementing-amount and the plan stages, as very well as carry out focus team discussions with MHV (n=10) to assess the effects and difficulties of MHV all through and post COVID-19 in various regions and contexts
- Analyse qualitative details and identify enhancement needs with comparison among target locations and contexts
- Draft and finalize a 10–15-website page reader-welcoming report, such as Determine tips in all areas in accordance with the research’s results
- Put together a presentation of the outcomes and recommendations for MHV sustainability and conduct validation workshop with appropriate stakeholders
- Liaise with IOM crew on the revision of the draft in accordance to IOM’s opinions and post duplicate-edited remaining variation.
The payment will be disbursed based mostly on the submission of deliverables agreed by the two functions as follows:
- To start with Deliverable – A kick-off assembly with IOM, an Inception report like stakeholders mapping and desk investigation facts
- Next Deliverable – Presentation of investigation results and suggestions (the 1st draft of the ultimate report)
- Last Deliverable – Validation workshop with IOM and relevant authorities (a copy-edited closing report)
Take note: Consultancy expenses are inclusive of bank transfer charges for financial institution account outside the house of Thailand.
Deliverables in aspects:
- A kick-off meeting with IOM to formally initiate the action and make sure mutual knowledge of the action system, timelines, methodology, and reporting
- An inception report which includes stakeholders mapping and desk study knowledge for IOM’s overview and acceptance
- Presentation summarizing the exploration conclusions, evaluation, and recommendations
- Validation workshop with IOM relevant and pertinent authorities prior to finalizing the report
- A duplicate-edited last report like crucial details but not minimal to:
- Literature critique and policy analysis
- Comparative scenario scientific tests
- Investigation conclusions and investigation
- Conclusion and suggestions
The advisor will produce important outputs as described higher than amongst April and June 2023 with additional unique timeframes. For far more particulars: please visit https://thailand.iom.int/careers.
3. Needed QUALIFICATION AND Experience
- Master’s diploma or larger in General public Wellbeing, Social Sciences, global Growth, or a connected industry from an accredited tutorial institution with suitable professional knowledge.
- At minimum 5 yrs of expertise in investigate, preferably in the area of community wellness with a minimum amount of 3 several years in the industry of migration wellbeing
- Established expert in generating qualitative exploration with superior quality
- Encounter in performing with Migrant Well being Volunteers is a strong asset
- Expertise of existing guidelines, regulations, and regulations that worries MHV’s method and migration health in Thailand
- Founded networks in migrant workers’ communities, civil culture companies and excellent romantic relationship with community governing administration authorities in the outlined areas
- Fluency in English and Thai (oral and prepared) is essential, and the investigate must be delivered in English.
4. Desirable COMPENTENCIES
- Inclusion and regard for range: respects and promotes particular person and cultural variations encourages range and inclusion wherever attainable.
- Integrity and transparency: keep higher ethical expectations and acts in a manner dependable with organizational principles/regulations and benchmarks of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates means to perform in a composed, skilled and dedicated method and physical exercises very careful judgment in conference day-to-day problems.
Main Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and encourages productive collaboration within and across models to attain shared plans and enhance final results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers high-quality outcomes in a service-oriented and well timed method is action-oriented and fully commited to accomplishing agreed results.
- Controlling and sharing awareness: repeatedly seeks to master, share know-how and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes obligation for personal action and delegated do the job.
- Conversation: encourages and contributes to obvious and open interaction points out advanced issues in an educational, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer you built to the prospect in relation to this emptiness discover is matter to funding affirmation.
Appointment will be matter to certification that the prospect is medically suit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Authorities, in which relevant.
Only candidates residing in possibly the place of the duty station or from a place in a neighboring nation that is inside of commuting length of the obligation station will be regarded. In all scenarios, a prerequisite for using up the placement is authorized residency in the state of the obligation station, or in the neighboring place positioned in just commuting distance, and perform permit, as relevant.
How to implement
Fascinated candidates are invited to submit their programs to the IOM Bangkok Human Sources Unit at e-mail [email protected] with [email protected] and [email protected] in cc by Sunday 26 March, 2023 at the hottest.
Kindly suggest the reference code CFA025/2023 adopted by your full title in the matter line.
Programs must include things like:
a) Specialized proposal (1-2 web site)
b) Money proposal (1-2 web page)
c) A curriculum vitae
d) A duly accomplished IOM Personal Heritage Kind which can be downloaded from https://thailand.iom.int/web pages/g/files/tmzbdl1371/data files/files/IOM%20Personal%20Background%20Kind%20with%20Declaration.xls
Putting up period: From 13.03.2023 to 26.03.2023